Wednesday, October 17, 2012

new world order

Although my primary job is to write and rewrite, and generate stories for you, I am going to try to post a little something, anything, here on this blog on a more daily basis.

So, today, I am about a third of the way through the second draft of the fourth book of the Wealdland Stories: Legends of Haergil and Conniker's Tale. 

The next book I'll be working on, Berand the Fool, keeps tugging at my imagination. I am taking lots of notes, but will hold off on the first draft until I get Legends of Haergill squared away. I have tried writing two books at once, and it doesn't work for me.  One always gets neglected, and sometimes ideas get duplicated.

I have a feeling, however, that the first draft of Berand the Fool will surge out of my head like a tsunami. I have thought about making it a NaNoWriMo project, but that never works, either, because the holidays inevitably intrude and must be attended. 

National Novel Writing Month must have been started by a modern day Scrooge who hated his family, otherwise, why set the project in November? 

I can just see some bent over crone cackling, "Let's ruin the holidays by making as many writers as we can write a novel! Hahahah. But, December will be too obvious! No! Let's set it up in November! And that way, when they fail, as they all do, it will ruin not only Thanksgiving, but Christmas and New Year's as well! aHAhahAhAHA!!!"

cheers,

Kurt

No comments: