Saturday, January 1, 2011

One year later

I began this blog one year ago, in an effort to chronicle my efforts with my novel writing and publishing adventures.

I ended up self publishing to what I consider moderate success. Although my cash flow for novel to income is still in the red. It isn't that far away from breaking even. And with over 800 downloads of my works: novel, short stories, and poetry anthology, I must say I am happy with the beginning momentum. Most of the downloads were for free, because I'm just such a swell guy. That's why I haven't broken even faster.

So what's next?

Well, obviously, the sequel to The Last Elf of Lanis: The Archer From Kipleth.

At present I am more than half finished, and I am very happy with how it is turning out. I know you're going to love it. My writing just keeps getting better and better, and my productivity keeps getting faster and faster.

So, as we end the 0's, and enter the decade of the Teens, I'm going to lay out for you the Master Plan. My goals for the coming year and the years to follow.

Of course a lot of this depends on staying healthy and not having to give up too much time for other necessary pursuits.

But all things being equal, I expect to deliver into your hands The Archer From Kipleth a week after Midwinter's day, which is February 28. The date is significant, because this is the day on which The Archer From Kipleth begins, in the world of the novel. So, that's my immediate goal.

Before then, you're going to get a short story about Iounelle's hijinks earlier in her life when she breaks some rules while an unwelcome guest visits the capital, Lanis Rhyl Landemiriam. The story will be entitled Bawn Hae.

In the long term: For 2011 you're going to get Book Two: The Archer From Kipleth and Book Nine: Mars. I doubt Book Three: The Lord of Lightning will be ready for 2011, but you never know. Money is a great motivator. If a publishing deal pops up this year, my productivity should increase exponentially. (hint, hint)

I hope to release Book Three: The Lord of Lightning on the same day as Book Four: Legends of Haergill and Conniker's Tale. Realistically, that will happen sometime early in 2012.

If the great apocalypse doesn't happen on Dec 12, 2012, I expect to release at least two books a year until the whole cycle is complete. All of this, of course, is dependent on time and money.

And it should break down like this:

2011 - Book Two and Book Nine

2012 - Book Three and Book Four

2013 - Book Ten and Book Five

2014 - Book Six and Book Seven and Book Eight

2015 - Book Eleven and Book Twelve

Why the strange order? It will make sense later, perhaps years later. Just trust me on this one.

Here's to a great new year for you and yours.

cheers,

Kurt



.

1 comment:

K. J. Hargan said...

Ok. I goofed. Midwinter's day is February 3rd. A week later puts my projected release date at February 10th. Which is also Arnwylf's birthday. I may or may not make that deadline. Although I suspect I'm short changing myself for adequate editing time.