Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Miranei word of the day - every -hrod and -dádr

-dádr (adv.) then (pronc. DAW dr)

-hrod (adv.) now (pronc. HROD, really exhale on that 'h' sound, and slightly trill your 'r'.) 

fun usage:

Nasfee anrúkk savahrod? 
(You will do it now?)

(Literal translation: You will it do(presnt tense)now?)


Naskreim tésta iltreemvee, dae naskreim savadádr hínva. 
(You want to dance, and then you don't.)  

(Literal translation : You want(present tense) dance(future tense)to, and you do(present tense)then not.)

A couple of notes.
I have changed the spelling of the end sound 'i' to 'ee' for simpler understanding. I used to spell 'you will' as 'nasfi', but now I will spell it as 'nasfee', just to keep things simple.

The other thing is I discovered last night, horror of horrors, I have been writing the formal farewell incorrectly.

I have been writing 'Orlemlemla' for 'until we are'. But, 'we are' in Miranei is 'orlee'. *gasp*

So the proper farewell is: Orleelemla Límbrenobar Lante'au'en Laefa.

And the shortened form of good-bye is: Leelem

I hope I haven't caused anyone to use the short form of good-bye improperly.


cheers,

Kurt

1 comment:

K. J. Hargan said...

Also.

hinvá (adv.) not (pronc. HIN veah)

and

oeva (adv.) never (pronc. O wey va)

are two adverbs that can float. They do not have to be attached as a suffix to the verb they modify.


cheers,

Kurt